Products / Interior / HardieBacker® 1/4″ Board
HardieBacker® 1/4” Cement Board, with EZ Grid® Technology
Weight: 1.9 lbs./sq. ft.
3′ x 5′ features EZ Grid® Technology
Sizes: 3′ x 5′ – 4′ x 8′
90% Portland cement and ground sand. HardieBacker® board contains no asbestos, glass mesh, formaldehyde, or gypsum.
- 1/4″ Sheet Size:
- 3’x 5′ (EZ Grid® board with recessed fastener pattern)
- 4’x 8′
- Thickness: 1/4″
- Weight: 1.9 lbs/sq.ft.
HardieBacker products achieve a perfect score on both industry standard mold tests. HardieBacker board scores a 0 (best possible score) on the ASTM G21 for mold resistance and a 10 (best possible score) on the ASTM D3273 test against mold growth.
HardieBacker® cement board is recognized as an interior substrate according to the following:
- National Evaluation Service (NES), Inc., Report No. NER-405 (BOCA, ICBO, SBCCI)
- City of Los Angeles, Research Report No. 24862
- City of New York MEA number 223-93M
- HUD Materials Releases 1263d and 1268c
- Tile Council of North America handbook
Based on typical Equilibrium Moisture Content: 2100 psi when tested in accordance with ASTM test method C1185.
HardieBacker® cement board is recognized for use in non-combustible construction in NER-405.
Surface Burning Characteristics
When tested in accordance with ASTM test method E-84:
(Approximate value) 1/4” thick: R:0.13